The event took place in accordance with the schedule given in programme booklet. Mr. Nuri Birtek, Secretary General ADFIMI, welcomed the audience on behalf of ADFIMI Chairman Mr. Metin Özdemir who was unable to be present. Mr. Özdemir was represented by the Deputy CEO of Ziraat Participation Bank Mr. Mehmet Said Gül. After each lecture, a token of appreciation was presented to the keynote lecturers and trainers on behalf of ADFIMI. At the end of the second day, participants were asked to evaluate the programme. They were also presented certificates of attendance by the trainers.
The programme went smoothly according to the agenda and the following subjects were covered:
- Digitalisation: A key component of Development,
- Threats and opportunities of digitalization for DFIs,
- Blockchain Technology,
- Crowdfunding: Principles and Practices;
- Creating a FinTech Ecosystem;
- Cryptoassets / currencies,
- Big data, data analytics,
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
- Principles and Applications of Cloud Technology,
- Regulatory framework: Sandboxes, Compliance issues,
- Internet of Things (IoT),
- Use of Fintech in Islamic Finance
On the third day (19.06.2019), interested participants (11) visited the Fintech application sites of Turkcell, Vakıfbank, Al-Baraka-Turk Bank and Ziraat Participation Bank as organised by ADFIMI from 09:00 to 18:00.
There were overall 34 participants from 13 countries and 16 organisations at the training programme, representing a good mix of participation from different countries.
Click here for flyer.